Reserve your Zipcar or book your train ticket and take the kiddos along to the NJAGC’s 22nd Annual Conference, ‘Gifted in the Real World.’ The two-day event offers a day for educators on Friday, March 8 and a Family Day Program for parents and kids on Saturday, March 9, 2013 from 8 a.m. to 4 pm, at The Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater in New Jersey.
Our ‘sister’ organization, The New Jersey Association for Gifted Children, NJAGC, presents keynote speakers Kevin Fox, Jon Pearson, Kirk Weisler and Kimberly Hudson. A sampling of workshops with hands-on activities and lessons include:
• Authentic Research for the Real World
• Facilitating the Success of Academically Gifted African American Male Students
• Humor in the Gifted Classroom
• Aspergers Syndrome in the Classroom and Beyond
• Wild Things Dance
• Lessons for Global Citizenship
• 21st Century Thinking
• Changing Skills for a Changing World
• Pop Art & Poetry
• Go Out & Play: Geocaching and Other Great Outdoor Ideas for Gifted Kids
• Radical Acceleration and Gifted Girls
• Public Speaking Skills
• A Strand of STEM workshops will include: NASA & Aerospace Activities; Introduction to Wall Street; New Media Tools and Art Integrations; Drafting; Distance Education for the Gifted and Engineering Design
• Workshops for Kids include: Phabulous Physics: Rollercoaster Derby; Be A Museum Curator: Analyzing Artifacts; Secrets of Suspension Bridges, and much more.
Friday March 8, 2013 at 8:00 AM EST
Saturday March 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM EST
110 Davidson Ave.
Somerset, NJ 08873