Just a reminder… Don’t miss the Parent Power Conference 2014 today hosted by RIISE.
We’re big fans of RIISE – for families of color who place a premium on quality education & private, independent schools who recognize diversity delivers innovation and global citizenship.
The one-day event, Saturday, June 7, will be held at Convent Avenue Baptist Church, brings together highly engaged parents & private, independent schools, to network around school choice, distinguished school choice. RIISE strives to create socially responsible recruitment environments supporting relationships between families and schools, making sure that families experience the culture & benefits of independent school communities through discussions that recognize their cultural capital.
REGISTER for Saturday, June 7! In conjunction with Bronx New York Chapter of Jack and Jill of America, Inc.
12:30-12:45pm – Keynote from Dr. Howard Stevenson
12:45-2:10pm – Recruitment Fair
2:10-3:30pm – Parent Power Panel Discussions
Parent power panel discussions:
Discussion A- Getting There
- finding the right fit school for Your family
- the application & testing
- the interviews and follow through
- the cost
Discussion B- Staying There
- when parents of color really get involved
- the academic rigor & enrichment
- value of affinity & resource groups
- social bonding & the student of color
Discussion C- Parent Speed Networking
- prospective & current parents consider the tough ?’s
- and, share best practices