One month and counting! Register now for the NYC Gifted & Talented Symposium at NYU’s Kimmel Center and join us to:
- Support the cognitive, social and emotional needs of high ability kids, 2E and culturally diverse learners with advice from our featured presenters. Choose from any session within four strands that include: Talent Development, Social & Emotional Support, Negotiating the Practical & Supporting 2E & Diverse Learners and become stronger advocates for your child or student.
- Collaborate and network with like-minded parents, principals, teachers, education consultants and specialists from some of NYC’s top programs for high potential children.
- A Curated Exhibit Hall to discover local and online programs specifically focused on the talent and ability areas of your child, whether their passion is art, reading, math, animals, architecture, music, chess, dance, sports, coding, game design, entrepreneurship, theater or zoology.
- Education Technology (ED Tech) Discovery Platform with a hands-on opportunity to explore web and app-based learning tools to better support at home and differentiate in school.
- Thought Leaders Roundtable includes NYC’s thought leaders in educating high potential youth and sharing best practices. Join the conversation to understand how we may work together to provide the best foundation and continued support for all of NYC’s high potential youth.
A Sampling of our October 26, 2013 Program Sessions: •Intro to Social & Emotional Needs, presented by Carolyn Kottmeyer with HOAGIES Gifted and SENG, Social & Emotional Needs of the Gifted. •STEM Topics: How Can We Support Our Child’s Mathematical Development? presented by Mark Saul and Sian Zelbo, Center for Mathematical Talent at NYU’s Courant Institute • Is My Child Twice Exceptional (2E) & What Does That Mean? presented by Dr. Julia Osborn • The Roles of Families in Nurturing & Advocating for Culturally Diverse Learners presented by Joy Lawson Davis • Finding The Right Fit for Your Child Among Citywide, District G&T, Self-Contained G&T, Single Sex, Co-Ed, Gen Ed, & Homeschool Options • 30 Apps in 30 Minutes presented during the Ed Tech Discovery Platform; and more.