Mark your calendars for Saturday, March 12, 2016 and join PALNYC and our partners at the 2016 NYC Gifted & Talented Symposium & Benefit— one day to invest in your child’s future.
Update your calendar! PALNYC announces the second biennial 2016 NYC Gifted & Talented Symposium & Benefit is now on Saturday, March 12, 2016! — one day to invest in your child’s future. This day-long symposium, presented by PALNYC will help parents and educators support the cognitive, social and emotional development of NYCs high potential youth. Explore the pre-K through 8th grade educational landscape in NYC, programs that cater to the talents and strengths of G&T learners, and learn ways you can support your child’s unique strengths and interests through local and online resources.
Get your tickets here!
Join us Satuday, March 12 , 2016 at New York Law School in TriBeCa to:
- Explore a variety of schools and programs that support the cognitive, social and emotional needs of high potential youth and find the right fit for your unique child.
- Choose from any session within multiple strands, including: Pre-K, Elementary, Middle School & Special Topics. Bring your partner if you have more than one child to take advantage of all the great content.
- Network and Collaborate with like-minded parents and specialists from some of NYC’s most unique & competitive programs
- Visit the Curated Exhibit Hall to discover local and online programs specifically focused on unique school and after school programs, holiday camps, specialized programs, testing, tutors, ed tech support, financial aid & more.
- Learn about the different school and educational options relevant to your child, including co-ed versus single sex, boarding versus day programs, progressive versus traditional school philosophies, gifted & talented versus gen ed programs, public versus private, charter and every other option you can think if for your pre-K-8th grader.
The NYC Gifted & Talented Symposium & Benefit @ a Glance
Time & Date: 8:00am – 4:00pm, Saturday March 12, lunch included
Location: New York Law School • 185 West Broadway, New York, NY
Attendees: Parents of pre-k through middle school students
Registration: Visit our Eventbrite page to register
Tickets: $75 early bird special until DEC 15, $99 standard, $125 at the door
*early bird registration and donor discounts are available online for a limited time.
Contact: Angelique LeDoux @ 212.343.8881 or via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Should Attend?
Parents and educators, principals, mental health professionals, education researchers, ed tech specialists, consultants, school counselors, pediatricians and pediatric dentists, school nurses, and anyone who wants to join the conversation about supporting NYC’s high potential youth. The content is relevant for parents and professionals from Pre-K through middle school.
There is something for everyone… Do you suspect advanced ability in your child but you’re not sure how best to support it? Want the inside scoop for getting your child into a Gifted & Talented program? Want to know if there is a better school fit for your child’s learning style? Need resources for supporting the talent development and passion area of your budding computer programmer, math wiz or entrepreneur? Want a richer understanding of what it means to raise a gifted child- the perfectionism, the potential for underachievement and uneven development? Looking for ways to individualize and differentiate learning in your classroom with mixed ability kids? Or want better tools to connect what’s happening in the classroom to kids and parents for better engagement?
Workshops, Sessions & Panels
Sponsors & The Curated Exhibit Hall
The NYC G&T Symposium is currently taking applications for exhibitors and sponsors at the NYC G&T Symposium.
The symposium is co-sponsored by PALNYC and organized by an advisory committee comprised of select pre-K through high school organizations in New York City including representatives from a wide range of schools and organization including those that specialize in in gifted education. Past supporting organizations of the NYC Gifted & Talented Symposium have included NAGC, AGATE, PACE, NJAGC, RIISE Diversity Recruitment, Common Sense Media and more.
In addition to well rounded panels, expert speakers and the announcement of the winners of the 3rd annual Michael Perelstein Memorial Scholarship Fund’s Discover Your Passion™ Competition, the Symposium boasts a Curated Exhibit Hall. A hallmark of the Symposium and touted by past attendees to be “…a wonderful opportunity to engage with the NYC community” the Exhibit Hall will include a sampling of NYC’s finest educational programs and schools.
Previous sponsors from the NYC G&T Symposium have included:
Interested in Presenting at the 2015 NYC G&T Right Fit Symposium?
The application deadline for presenting at the NYC G&T Symposium has passed. For more information on presenting with PALNYC in the future contact Angelique LeDoux via email at email@example.com.